LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview programming for ni 5122

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I just started working on a pxi. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful resources to write code for NI-5122( high speed digitized) and NI-5421(AWG). I have never programmed for pxi and although I have looked at the supplied examples in the find examples section, I still can't figure things out. Does anyone know any tutorials or books or any reference to help me get a better understanding of how to program and eventually be able to create complex programs.Thank you. I really need to learn how to program and your help would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,325 Views)

Hi The boss,

Are you speaking of programming with the LabVIEW environment in general, or specifically with the NI-FGEN and NI-SCOPE driver VIs?  One thing that can be extremely helpful is the enabling the Context Help in LabVIEW by pressing the yellow question mark in the top right hand corner of the development environment.  This will give you a short description of each function you hover over and a link to the detailed help file.  Below are some additional documents that might be helpful to you.  Otherwise NI offers great training courses for getting started with LabVIEW.

Getting Started with NI-SCOPE:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3382/en 

NI Signal Generators Help (available under Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-FGEN>>Documentation)

NI High Speed Digitizers Help  (available under Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-SCOPE>>Documentation)

NI Training Program

http://www.ni.com/training/overview/

Brian G.

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,299 Views)
Hello , I am speaking of programming with specifically the NI-FGEN and NI-SCOPE . I am already aware of the question mark help and I use it a lot ! Thank you for your help. But do you have any other resources ? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,292 Views)
Solution
Accepted by The_boss

Hi The Boss,

The NI Signal Generators Help and NI High Speed Digitizers Help are the primary resources available for working with these devices.  Under the Programming subsection of each Help file, you will find a Getting Started section that includes a Tutorial for step-by-step setup of a driver session.  In addition, you will find a Reference section that describes each driver VI in detail.  

If you are not able get a specific part of your application to work properly after reviewing these sources, you can certainly ask the forums for help on the specific issue.

Brian G

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,285 Views)