cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview student edition restricted for sale in uk

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My 30 days trial version is run out, but I need to do more practice on labview. I ordered labview student edition using pearsoned uk and they replied back saying this item is restricted for sale in uk, try ordering from usa supplier.

Are there any suggestions??

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,652 Views)

Try installing the same in another PC and start using that for another 30 days 🙂

Actually once the evaluation period is over, uninstalling and reinstalling the same would not work since before launching LV will check some registry entries.

If you know these entries then you can delete/edit them so that your LV will start working as before.

I am not sure why its not possible to buy LV student edition..Did you tried calling local NI represenatative and insisted for an answer ?

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,630 Views)
I think it will better for you to contact your local rep and order the edition via them.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,618 Views)

I really hope this is nothing more than a simple slip-up and that the Student Edition is available in the UK. Please can you let us know the result of you talk with your local rep.

Even though I use the full proffesional edition, paids for by my work, I would feel pretty put out if NI were moving along the lines of US only for the Student Edition. In fact I cannot imagine they would

Dannyt

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,608 Views)

Hi John,

We do sell LabVIEW Student Edition here in the UK.

There's two ways to buy it. You can either call into the sales office and ask for a quote but it's a bit cheaper and easier to but it online from JourneyEd: https://www.journeyed.co.uk/. Just search LabVIEW 2009 Student Edition.

I hope this clears everything up! Good luck with your project John.

Kind regards,

Message Edited by Rico P on 03-11-2010 12:10 PM
Rico P
Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 14
(4,592 Views)

Hi Danny

As per Rico's message, I raised an order through the website , it has gone through and shipping time is 2-5 working days. I will confirm when its come through. Order approval doesn't necessarily confirm item will be shipped I believe, because the order I raised with pearsoned before had been approved and I recieved email from their representative after 2 days that they wont take payment from my card as they item is restricted for sale in UK

So let me tell you when it arrives. Not sure if this message adds to the post or goes only to you as I am new on forum. Would you know if I want to send text to someone in forum only, is there any way or forum wont allow it.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,554 Views)

Buy it on eBay; I've seen it.  They won't ask you any questions there Smiley Wink

It's an unbelivable bargain for Full Version of LV!

BTW I highly doubt it's as simple a matter of removing a few registry keys to reuse evaluation.. (i.e. NI licence server, app data..)..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,550 Views)
Solution
Accepted by johnnewton

John - I'm glad to hear you've ordered LabVIEW. Let me know if there's a problem with Journey Ed. If the same thing happens (which I'm pretty sure shouldn't), I'll put you in contact with our sales guys. I'm pretty sure we're allowed to sell it in the uk :smileytongue:

Guru - a bit of advice.. if you're going to be doing something illegal with one of our software products.... Don't talk about it on our forums!! :smileyindifferent:

Rico P
Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 14
(4,543 Views)

if you're going to be doing something illegal with one of our software products.... Don't talk about it on our forums!! :smileyindifferent:
And still go ahead and do it................................???????????????:smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,541 Views)
Hahahaha Smiley Very Happy *slaps head* lol
Rico P
Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,537 Views)