Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modbus domain resolution?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Valarauca

I'm just rewriting on a different computer in a trial version of the older modbus library.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(430 Views)

@smithd wrote:

Re: the links, that is a weirdness in the community pages. Make sure you are logged into ni.com (the myni link in the top left), to the forums (clearly you are), and to the community (will be the first big grey header on that main dl page). I've noticed in the past that those downloads will sometimes fail to redirect properly. 

You're right.  That was it.  I was not logged into the community.  Once I did (though first I had to have a confirmation e-mail sent and then confirm the link in that e-mail), I was then logged into the community and the links to the files behaved like they should.

I do remember some discussion forum feedback threads talking about the changes to the community and how there were conflicts between them and the forums.  How whatever "upgrade" was done at the time essentially made everything more complicated.  I would say having a malformed link to a file when not logged into the community would qualify as a confusing complication.

In doing some searching across NI and following various links, I came across this one https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/17712

In there you have a message with an attachment for 1.0.9.23.vip.  Is this a newer version then the 1.0.9.22.vip link that is in the other community page?  Should the link in the 17712 thread be added to the 30140 document?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(425 Views)

We have three different login pages for our website, and I don't think its possible to disagree about it being confusing 🙂

Re 9...23:

No, that was a saved-for-previous version for 2011 (if you note the full package name it is different). I hadn't tested it or confirmed it actually worked, but it was requested and it didn't have a broken run arrow so I posted it up there. It should not be part of the main page.

Message 23 of 23
(417 Views)