LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxLvProvider.mxx required for executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anybody know why my application executable all of a sudden needs the file "mxLvProvider.mxx" to be in the data directory?

The application builder puts it there automatically, but I do not know what it is for. If I remove it my application does not run, instead the usual file prompt dialogue pops up when I run the application.

Also, can anybody shed any light on what this file is for? My PC seems to think it is a "MAX Configuration UI" but that does not make any sense either.

LV2015SP1 on Win10, no NI hardware involved.

Crossposted here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,254 Views)
I am not sure but are you using TSVN?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,245 Views)

I am using TortoiseHg, but not from inside LabVIEW, only from Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,238 Views)

I did find that post when searching for answers previously, but I do not think my problem is related. My builds are fine (although I have not tried to create an installer, I use Inno Setup for my installers).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neil.Pate

Update: this is caused by including the Get Build Specification Version VI (\vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_API_Simple\Get Build Specification Version (path).vi)

For various reasons I needed to know the current build number, and found that VI to do it. Unfortunately this causes a bunch of extra dependencies to appear in the project and the necessity of this mxLvProvider.mxx in the built application, so for me is not a pleasant solution.

Message 6 of 6
(4,136 Views)