cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net framework component error after upgrading to LabVIEW 8.6

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

The progressbar .NET component don't work after I upgrading my labview 8.5.1 to labview 8.6 (professional development). 

Here I attached the vi and the error message screenshot. 

It don't work for both labVIEW 8.5.1 and labVIEW 8.6. Both 8.5 and 8.6 work properly if don't have any .NET component inside the VIs.

I have repair my .NET framework 3.5. And it still can't work although I have restarted my PC. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,475 Views)

I made some change.  It works now on my laptop.

George Zou

http://www.geocities.com/gzou999

George Zou
Message 2 of 11
(4,441 Views)

Hi Engwei

I did a quick search of the forum and I found this thread, which I think could be useful. There are a couple of nice examples of how you can create a progress bar with sliding scales as opposed to .NET components, I hope you this is helpful! I'll keep looking though to see if I can find the reason why the .NET progress bar causes such an error.

Best regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,440 Views)

I mean, once I run the .NET component, the error message will prompt out. And I worry if I will use other kind of .NET component in the future.

Anyway, thanks for giving your wonderful idea. I will look for the suggestion and also the G tools suggested. 

I m still cannot find out why I can't use the .NET component after upgraded LabVIEW 8.5.1 to LabVIEW 8.6. Hopefully some1 experienced it can lend me a hand. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,422 Views)

Hi Engwei

I have found out that this is an issue that has been previously discovered. The .NET marquee progress bar doesn't function when stand-alone, although as George Zou showed, by wiring in an event structure afterwards it is still possible to create a fully functioning progress bar - thanks, George! To my knowledge, there are no such issues with other .NET components and it is rare to come across a problem of this kind, so I hope you won't be put off using them in the future. Can I just check though, was the .NET component working in LV 8.5.1 prior to the upgrade to 8.6? Hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,403 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your time. 

Ya, the marquee work well with LabVIEW 8.5.1, before I installed the LabVIEW 8.6. 

After I install LabVIEW 8.6, both version of LabVIEW can't run the marquee. And before I install LabVIEW 8.6, I din't do any software installation on my laptop.

The vi I previously attached don't show the animation, but if I run the vis, an error will prompt out. If run on no-trouble LabVIEW, no error will prompt out. 

To show the marquee run continuously, you can run the vi attached. 

Ability to integrate with .NET component, in window platform sounds important to me, and those windows component's fans. So, hopefully we can solve it up. Thanks again.

Message Edited by engwei on 11-25-2008 08:00 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,382 Views)

Ok, I was confusing, and I thought what can be done in LabVIEW 8.5 should be no problem in LabVIEW 8.6.

Thanks for the VI attached. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,356 Views)

I run the attached vi by zou, it work properly in my LabVIEW 8.6. 

I copy it and save in simplemarquee_same.vi. I try to run it. But the same error prompt out. 

And I really don't know what is the problem. Can some1 run the vi attached here in Labview 8.6.. Thanks.  And, what is the causes ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,354 Views)
Solution
Accepted by engwei
The problem is that you didn't set you VI to run in UI thread.  Either you didn't see my comment in my attached VI, or you don't know how.

Assume you don't know how.

See attached png image for set up you VI to run in UI thread.

George Zou

http://www.geocities.com/gzou999

Message Edited by zou on 11-29-2008 04:34 PM
George Zou
Message 9 of 11
(4,319 Views)

Oh thanks for your attachment.

I repeatly look at ur comment "1. make VI run in UI thread" in your vi, but I don't know what does it means. And in 8.5 I no need to set it.

Thanks for your answer. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,290 Views)