LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ocr examples

hello,

i have trying using the ocr's in the example platform,they are very nice but they work with .abc files only,is there any way to elaberate thier use to true type fonts ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,010 Views)

@Shal wrote:

hello,

i have trying using the ocr's in the example platform,they are very nice but they work with .abc files only,is there any way to elaberate thier use to true type fonts ?

OCR is trainable. That's why the abc files that are used in the examples match to the images used in these examples.

If you want to ocr true type fonts, you should create your own abc files with the OCR Training Interface that ships with the NI Vision Development Module.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,002 Views)

so the question is how to convert true type fonts into .abc file? if such a convert exsit at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,995 Views)

As far as I know there is no converter available.  That's why you will need to train the characters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,992 Views)

@Shal wrote:

so the question is how to convert true type fonts into .abc file? if such a convert exsit at all.

Not a bad idea! We should make one!

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,975 Views)

I gave the converter a shot. Hopefully this will help you out!

Snippet.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,950 Views)

hello,

first of all thanks you all for your kind answers,it really helped.

i have few more questions:

1. i have train the charcters and created one .abc file which is gathered few true type fonts in it.

the problem that accured was collision in the interpation,for example : between 8 to B or between l to 1.

is there any way to improve the ocr accuracy so such collisioins wont occurre?

2. if i use few .abc files,how do i know which is the most ideal .abc file from all of them?

3. regarding to Alex T fonttoabc convertor- i have tried using this convertor with fonts im using (digital fonts) it created    an abc file,but the interpation wasn't good. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,875 Views)

I opened up the .abc file it generated and... well...

Interpretation.PNG

That doesn't look too good. Smiley Embarassed I'll try to work some more on it!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,870 Views)

Fixed! Please give it a shot!

Interpretation.PNG

Fixed.png

And the result?

Correct.PNG

Message 9 of 9
(4,859 Views)