LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open bci, arduino, lab view

Hi All,

I need some help with a project I'm working on at University.  I have NI LabView 2014 and LINX for the Arduino. I have an Arduino Uno and a and have downloaded the OpenBCI Toolkit and have been trying to make a block diagram of the circuit to link EOG input (like what this guy does in this post http://eeghacker.blogspot.com/2013/11/measuring-eog-with-my-eeg-setup.html)  from the Open BCI board to a physical output by the Arduino (eventually being able to move a servo) using LINX.  I was advised to use a Producer/Consumer application pattern (http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/en/) but am having trouble with the queueing, what should I be queueing and where? THere are very discrete EOG signals that I want to harness to essentially turn a servo pin on and off.  I am seeking to write the simplest program possible, so that when you are wearing these electrodes on your eyes, and you look up, this will be read by the Open BCI, transmitted to the computer via serial port and then taken as input in LabVIew and fed into the arduino loop to turn on a pin that will turn a servo attached to the Arduino Uno attached to another serial port.

Seeking any and all advice!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,154 Views)

What kind of data are you taking in? How does it appear in LabVIEW?

If you have the data in a waveform you may be able to use the signal processing VIs to set triggers and manipulate the data.

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,116 Views)

I belive the data is in binary? It appears in the form of a graph like an oscilloscope 

I'm attaching a picture of the original block diagram in lab view

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,083 Views)

This is what a screen shot of the front panel looks like

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,082 Views)

It looks like it is coming in as an array of doubles. I would look at the example finder in LabVIEW under "Analysis, Signal Processing, and Mathematics" for some code on how to analyze the data. You should be able to set conditions where you check to see if the incoming value is greater than a certain value and react to it. 

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,062 Views)

Thank you I will try this example - that's exactly what I want to do!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,053 Views)