LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open type def gray

I have a strict type def containing three clusters saved as a control.

When I right-click it on my app, the selection box that appears has the "Open Type Def." line is grayed out.
If I create a new VI and insert that control, then the "Open Type Def." line is not grayed out.

I have tried deleting the control from my app and re-inserting it, but I get the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,758 Views)

That is normal if the control has been disconnected from the typedef.

Right-click >>> Replace

then navigate to the typdef on disk should fix that situation.

If it does not, pleas post a simple example along with the typedef'd control and let us know what version of LV you are using.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 5
(2,756 Views)

That's the problem, I have tried doing a replace as well as deleting the control and then re-inserting it to my app.  If I create a new VI and insert it, it works as expected.

The "Disconnect From Type Def." line is still enabled so I would assume that means it is still connected.

To try something different, I opened the type def control directly and then re-saved it.  Now it works from my app.

??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,754 Views)

Could you post the App with the control so that I can see the problem? That would be the next step to getting your problem solved.

Tyler H.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,732 Views)

Thanks tyler, but as I indicated in my last post, I opened the type def, saved it again and now my app works.

I don't know what caused the failure, but I can't re-create it any more.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,729 Views)