cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pgia

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am acquiring a signal using USB 6281, which comes with a programmable gain. I wanted to know how to modify the gain. I looked into DAQmx channel using which I can set AI Max and Min. Is the gain adjusted when I modify these values?

Thanks,

Navi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author navinavi
Yes it does. Set the min and max and daqmx will select the range for you. You can use a property node to read the range which has been selected.
Message 2 of 6
(3,238 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,228 Views)
No problem (just in case you are very new, you can click Kudo to give thanks where an answer helps)
Pleased to help,
Michael.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,221 Views)

How exactly do I use/add the property node here? I was not able to add property node via the create option.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,084 Views)

from the DAQMx Pallette drop a Channel node. then from the LabVIEW Help:

Analog Input:Maximum Value Property

Short Name: AI.Max

Property of DAQmx Channel

Specifies the maximum value you expect to measure. This value is in the units you specify with a units property. When you query this property, it returns the coerced maximum value that the device can measure with the current settings.

So My first answer was a slightly incorrect.  I just tried this and sure enough if i set AI.Max to 3.2, then read AI.Max it reads 5.  As 5V is the smallest range my particular device can use to read 3.2V

AI Range.png

I hope that helps,

Michael. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,079 Views)