LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi4351 samples

Hi there. I manage to get some sample vi's from the side at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3752#0requirements to do thermistor measurements. How do I install the samples in the labview (the extension of this file is llb).

I tried to open one of the file but it searches for so many files, which does not exists in the folder. When it finally opens, there are a lot missing components.

Please advice in how to install and view the vi's properly. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,630 Views)
dsugums,

Thanks for posting to the NI Forums.  The example does not need to be installed into LabVIEW.  An llb is kind of like a folder that contains individual files (usually VIs). When you select to open the llb from LabVIEW you should be able to select individual VIs from within the llb.  However, from the sound of it you may be missing some of the required drivers.   You must have the Traditional NI-DAQ driver and the NI-435X driver installed.  The driver versions you should use will depend on the version of LabVIEW you are using.  Traditional NI-DAQ is included with the NI-435X installer.  You can find the latest version of the NI-435X driver at:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/777E0BDEEFDC45D8862571080054063F?opendocument&node=13206...

If after installing the driver the VIs still claim that they are missing files let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue.  Good luck with your application.

Regards,

Neil S.
Message 2 of 4
(2,619 Views)
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. I already installed the necessary drivers in my Labview 8.2. The traditional DAQ I amsuing is version 7.4.2. I also installed the PXI4351 driver, I think it is 2.40.

I can open some of the vi's, but when I try to open the thermistor vi file, it try's to open a bunch of other files which does not exists in the folder. I think it is the sub vi's. When the file finally opens, the are "?" symbols in the block diagram.

Sugumar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,613 Views)
Sugumar,
Support for LabVIEW 8.20 was added in 435X 2.4.2.  If you only have 2.4.0 then LabVIEW may be missing the appropriate VIs.  You can also use the Traditional DAQ API to control the 435X which is why some VIs may successfully open.  I suspect however, that the thermistor VI uses some of the VIs that are exculsively available with the 435X driver.  Doublecheck to see if you have 435X 2.4.2 or 2.4.0.  If you only have 2.4.0 I would recommend downloading the newer version of the 435X driver.  Let me know if you already have 2.4.2 installed and are still missing VIs.  Also could you give me a list of the missing VIs?  If I know which VIs you are missing I can tell what component you may need.

Regards,

Neil S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,602 Views)