LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"LabVIEW class is not in memory" error

I am developing a library of classes. The classes are all in a lvlib, the library is in a project, and the project also has a small test VI, which uses the library. If I open the test VI from the project, everything is fine. If I open the VI on its own, running it gives this error in a popup window: The LabVIEW class is not in memory. The dynamic subVI cannot execute. Probe the wire going into the dynamic terminal to see the data type." The problem seems to occur when the dataflow enters into a dynamic dispatch VI. Shouldn't the classes be loaded when the calling VI is loaded?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,017 Views)
This problem was diagnosed in LabVIEW 8.2.1 and fixed in LabVIEW 8.5.
Message 2 of 4
(2,965 Views)
Great, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,961 Views)
I don't actually know the details behind eaolson's particular bug. Just to be clear, all the way back to 8.2, when you load a class, even dynamically, the member VIs do load into memory. I believe that something about this one particular case was causing the problem. I don't know the details, so I can't be more helpful, but I didn't want people who had 8.2 to avoid a dynamic class loading architecture under the theory that it just didn't work ever.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,946 Views)