LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-certification frustration

frustration.png

I'm starting to get irritated.  What I really want to do is take the CLA test, but I have to do this again, which I've had since 2004.  I have to do this, spend $200 on Pearson Vue, take essentially an entire day away from work to go to Santa Rosa, and I accepted all of that.  But I really have no idea what this means, or how to fix it.  I'm talking to a database, and I don't know what it wants.

I have a high opinion of NI, and I think you could do this better than Pearson.  

This is making the process of certification rather painful.  I encourage any people listening to go through a mock process of getting a certification in your area to see how cumbersome it is.

Message 1 of 4
(2,345 Views)

If your certification expires, you have to start all over from the beginning, taking the CLAD, then the 4-hour CLD.  First you have to call NI to get a voucher number, then you have to go to Pearson Vue and use that Voucher to schedule the CLAD.  Yes this is BS.  Believe me, you are not the only one who is disenchanted with the certification program.  Certifications should last at least 5 years.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 2 of 4
(2,273 Views)

I believe this is just looking for a recertification authorization code.  We have a handy page that walks you step-by-step through the process for getting re-certified, whether your exam is to be taken through Pearson VUE or through NI.  That page is here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9605

It explains how to get the authorization code that I believe Pearson VUE is requesting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,219 Views)

Also dont wait too long.  With my last recert I waited until 2 weeks before to schedule only to find that it was only offered 2x a week and not at the centers close to my home anymore.  I ended up having to travel 25miles just to get to the center when the previous time it was only 8miles away.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,208 Views)