cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time data acquisition using sim900d module (not arduino0

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

I am doing my final year project. I am sending data from a remote location using sim900d to the other module(sim900d) connected to my laptop. Now, I need to import the data acquired through sim900d connected to my laptop into Labview. But i do not know how. Kindly guide me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,839 Views)

is the data remain stored in sim900d? what i understand so far is sim900d is accessed through AT commands . the interfaces it supports are spi, serial. so if you can directly connect your sim900 with laptop via serial port then i think it is possible tc ommunicate between sim900 and labview

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,831 Views)

yes..i have recently started using labview and don't know how to access the port or sim900d through labview.....will i have to write the AT commands in labview also...? i have watched many videos in which they use DAQ in labview but i don't understand how to install and use it..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,810 Views)

can AT comands be send on serial port? have you send AT commands before using microcontroller or via PC. if you have sent it before using controller serial port then you sending from labview is easy. but first it need to be clarify that you have done this before using micorcontroller or PC via serial port

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,800 Views)
Solution
Accepted by green157

i have searched it and find a link as follows whcih uses serial port to send AT commnads

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/583315/Using-SerialPort-and-AT-Commands-for-Querying-Cell

so now sending AT commands from serial is easy. first consider the sending part. for this you need VISA serial config VI and VISA serial Write VI. you can serach these VI by right click i your new VI block diagram and press the search button on top left corner. there you type serial port and you will get a list of VISA serial VIs.

here is also a link from ni

Sending sms using LabVIEW

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Sending-sms-using-LabVIEW/m-p/2032036

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,790 Views)

i have checked the module by sending the AT commands via pc.....i successfully made a call and transmitted the message using hyper terminal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,780 Views)
Then is your problem solved?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,774 Views)

it turned out that i had sudent version of labview...now i have to download ni VISA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,749 Views)