LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save image of front panel to JPEG programatically

Use a case structure? When a condition is met (ie the acquisition is complete, a value is greater than a threshold, there is an error, etc) it will enter the case that uses the fp image to JPEG.

Theres a bunch of different ways you can do it, but basically using an invoke node makes it "programmatic."

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,476 Views)
Ok so when I add the code (ie. code to save fp image) to my subVI that currently builds the front panel that I want to save do I use that subVI as the VI to open the reference for?  I am trying to ascertain the best place to add the code to either in my main VI or my subVI and then which VI to open the reference for.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,471 Views)

Hi BME genius,

you need a reference of the vi which frontpanel you want to save!

The place where you open that reference is not important. It is just easier in the vi itself as you could use the "current vi" path...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 13 of 18
(1,450 Views)
Ok got that..now do I have to close the reference after I invoke the image and save it using JPEG Write File or just leave the reference open?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,425 Views)

Hi BME,

generally it is good practice to close references after opening them Smiley Wink

LabView will close references when the vi stops working (or: gets cleared from memory), but sometimes it may forget to do so.

Also you could re-use that reference when saving panels multiple times - then you only open the reference once at startup and close it on shutdown...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 15 of 18
(1,420 Views)

If you are uncertain just open the "Append Front Panel Image to Report VI", owning Palette: Report Generation VI. One small modification and you are done. Just remember to use the save as option, then saving the VI 

EDIT: Sorry did not get the Labview 5.1 part of your problem. Long time ago;). I those days the rapport genneration tool was an addon i think. But take a look and see if you find this option

Message Edited by Coq rouge on 04-27-2009 04:46 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,417 Views)

hi did you get thiS?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(968 Views)

Front panel as png image can be done with invoke node.find attached

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(731 Views)