Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seperate task AO and CO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

error.jpg

Can anyone help me to diagnosis the problem.

I have a program to generate a counter output which is triggered by an AO of 2 channels. the output of the countered is fed to the RTSI route. This program works well. Then I wanted to seperate the AO task of the 2 channesl into individual task  of 2 AO, so that I have more flexibility of controlling the amount of samples data to output on each. The problem is that I can not get this to work. I have tried a simple example of outputing a single value in each of the AO task and that seemed ok. I wonder is anyone can tell me what is wrong in the program and tell me how to correct it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,221 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author halcyon

You can't start two different AO tasks from the same device at the same time. I also see that you are using two separate timing for each of the AO tasks - which you cannot do. However, you can manipulate how fast the data outputs to the port by doing some manipulation in your code using one task.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,209 Views)

Thank you SumTum,

I just wanted to decoupled the 2 channels output and make life easier for myself. So there is no way of having 2 seperate AO task for different channels unless I have 2 separate card!! Oh Well I guess I have to live with it then!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,180 Views)