cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

servo

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I need to inquire about servo hydraulic control with Labview. I have 6024 DAQ card. Can I control the servo valve with 6024 card and Labview 6.1 and also for hydraulic cylinder position  I will use a lineer potantiomater.

For instance thank you for your advises...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,625 Views)
Solution
Accepted by 030504030

Hi,

The 6024 will be able to send and read voltage signals, but you will have to implement the control algorithm in LabVIEW. There is no specific toolkit or set of functions that NI offers for hydraulic control. If you have the Control Design Toolkit, you should be able to use this to implement certain control algorithms. The speed of this closed loop application will depend largely on the PC that you are running it on as well any RAM-consuming processes on this PC. Please post any specific question you have on implementing your control application.

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,590 Views)
I understand Vivek Nath. Thank you for your respond. After I finished my toolkit for this application I will return to ask my another question.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,577 Views)

Hello Vivek,

I want to learn about Read Voltage Vi. When I use it there is a connector which is bout Card ID. What does it mean? I am using 6024 DAQ card. I have another troubles which is baout servo valve. When I send a voltage to the card which nothing is connedted, I can read it the voltage which is the same but when I linked the servo valve and then send voltage I am reading 0,15 mV, so this is problem for me. The servo valve is working +10 V, 0 V and -10 V. I haven't it stopped yet unfortunately. What should I do about servo valve. 

For instance Thank you very much for your helping

N.Y.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,467 Views)
How much current does your servo require?  Perhaps the card you are using can't source that much current.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,461 Views)

My servo valve is working -10 V and +10 V and also 0 V it can be stopped. When we give -0,15 mV it's stopped. Is there any another solution like Filter in Labview vi's.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,448 Views)

030504030 wrote:

My servo valve is working -10 V and +10 V and also 0 V it can be stopped. When we give -0.15 mV it's stopped. Is there any another solution like Filter in Labview vi's.

?????

That didn't clarify anything.  How much current (not voltage) does the servo require?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,434 Views)

As Ravens Fan mentioned, the first thing to do is make sure that the 6024 provides enough current to control your servo valve. I did not understand what you meant by saying the servo valve is working at +10V, 0V and -10V. I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on what you are trying to do.

The DAQmx Read VI takes in a channel input to refer to the voltage channel you want to read. If this is not the VI you were referring, please explain which 'Read Voltage' VI you were asking about?

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,422 Views)
we solved the problem thank you very much for your helping
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,402 Views)
Please tell us how you solved it so if someone else searches the forums with the same problem, you might be able to help them.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,379 Views)