LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set coordinate system using NI Vision Assitant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I have 2 questions regarding NI Vision Assistant, I am getting the coordinate position of a ball using circle detection. 1) How do I configure the system so the reference point (0,0) is on the bottom left corner instead of the top left corner?  

2)Also,  How can I output the normal image after it has been processed in the NI Vision Assitant? It seems that it is going through every single step and I cant see the object position when running it. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,262 Views)

-You can set Co-ordinate System using the Set Co-ordinate System Step in Processing Functions:Image Tab. Refer for more details: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AD-01/nivisionconcepts/coordinate_system/

-If you want to output the original image then you have to keep original image in a buffer and output as binary image processing will overwrite the original image.

-Keep Indicator display to Binary palette to see the binary image else you will not be able to see anything.

-If you provide code it will be better to help further instead of screenshot.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,217 Views)

thanks for answering, sorry but I did not quite understand how to do these 2 steps. For setting the coordinate system do I have to include the coordinate system VI before using the NI vision assistant? what do you mean by "keep original image in a buffer"? how do I keep the indicator display to binary palette.

Please see attached the code and image.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robertocima
Click on Image Indicator->Right Click->Palette->Binary to display binary images.
-For setting co-ordinate system, you can either set in Vision Assistant or LabVIEW.
-You can use IMAQ Transform ROI using Base Reference as original image and New Reference where you want it to point and ROI Descriptor as your point.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,184 Views)