LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal express development tools for LV

In SignalExpress 2.0 documentation it says that it is based on advanced Express technology which will be available to Labview users.
I am looking for large number of low cost licenses for engineering stations. Love SE idea but implementation is useless to us since we use exclusively bench top instruments from RF world (Spectrum analyzers,Rf sources,VNA etc). Ideally I would like to be able to create my own steps that behave like build in ones and visible from insert step menu.
I also would like to create and use my own data types or expand buildin ones to include what I need. Is there any hope that this functionality will be available to LV developers and if so what is a time frame?
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
(2,468 Views)

Hello vlad,

What kind of RF hardware are you using?  How are you interfacing with it? 

You can create custom steps by following the instructions below:

Creating SignalExpress Plug-Ins with LabVIEW

Good luck!

Janell R | applications engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,445 Views)

Thank you Janell!

I am familiar with this document.

What I ment is I would like to create VIs that install themself on SE toolbar.

Except for LOOP and Sweep steps I have no use for the rest of steps. Going thru run user step and navigating to correct llb file is rather inconvenient if you use 20-30 steps. Ideally I'd like to be able to add my own VIs to the toolbar and remove the ones I do not need.

Another problem is I need to be able to work with complex (RE,IM)data and perhaps complex waveforms for S-Parameters and such.

Anyway I think SE is very elegant idea.but needs open API  so users can twick it to there own needs.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 4
(2,409 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!  I think that is an excellent idea - you should file a product suggestion here.

Goodluck in your future endeavours,

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)