LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal mapping colors all objects

I am using the Signal Mapping express VI and I find that if I add objects to the resuling scene they all recieve the same color as the original object. Is there a way that I can change this? Screenshot attached

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,350 Views)

Hi Will,

Are you talking about the Sensor Mapping Express VI? Also, are you saying that all of the additional objects you create have the same coloring scheme of the object in the screenshot you attached?

I may need a little more information to help you effectively, but you may look over this document, to see if it has any helpful information.
Could you attach a screenshot of what your current code looks like? 

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(2,308 Views)

Yeah the Sensor Mapping Express VI is the one I am working with. Any additional objects I add to the scene are taking on the color from this VI. I am basically trying to create a quiver plot with a mesh imposed on it, where the mesh has the magnitude mapped to it.

I just managed to get it to work the way I wanted, although it may be worth an explaination for why I did not get what I was expecting the first way I implemented if someone else has a question that is similar.

Originally I fed the Scene Ref Out from the Sensor Mapping Express VI to a for loop where I called an invoke node to add an object (a combined cylander and cone as an arrow).

To fix this, I created a new object, added all of the arrows first though the for loop, then added the Scene Ref Out from the Sensor Mapping VI using the same sort of invoke node. The result, and my desired output is attached.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,303 Views)

Hi Will, 

Great! I am glad that everything is working correctly. Thanks for the update!

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,284 Views)