LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulate frequency

I need to simulate two different sets of frequencies, 9544hz and 6362hz and display this 2 sets of frequencies side by side as square waves on a waveform graph with a period of 55.55ms. Is anyone able to help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,162 Views)

Since period 1/frequency and neither of your frequencies have a period of 55.5ms, I don't know what you mean.

As far as simulating a frquency, the simplest way is to use a couple  of Simulate Signal functions. Use the Merge Signals function to take both of the outputs and just wire that to a graph.

If you are having problems, please post the code you have written.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,156 Views)

hi there, this is my program. What I'm trying to do is to try and display the 2 different sets of frequencies on the same wavegraph side by side(as square waves).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,143 Views)

Reizo,

find the attached VI , if i understood your question well , then this one should work fine

Regards...

Eng. Mohammed Ashraf
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
InnoVision Systems Founder, RF Test Development Engineer
www.ivsystems-eg.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,135 Views)

hi, the program seems to be working fine. Only questions I have is how come the frequency counter is always at 10000 and how do you make one of the waveform red in color?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,130 Views)

1st , it is more accurate to use the Tone measurements Express VI than the timing ans transition Express VI. Find the attached file

you can change the Plot Color, Name, viewing wither programatically or manually

for manually configuring the Plot(s) behaviour , scale the Plot Legend as seen inside the Red Circle, so you will find the available plots on the graph or chart indicator

for changing color and appearance , click on the icon inside the Blue circle as shown below and choose the properties you want to edit.

Best Regards

Message Edited by MAshraf on 12-17-2008 03:37 AM
Eng. Mohammed Ashraf
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
InnoVision Systems Founder, RF Test Development Engineer
www.ivsystems-eg.com
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,118 Views)

Methinks you just got duped into doing someone's homework! Twice!

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,091 Views)

I've just been informed that what I've done is totally wrong.

I'm supposed to simulate square waves of these 2 frequencies 9544hz and 6362hz and display them toggling after one another in a single waveform graph with a period of a 1 freq as 55.55ms.

Something like this in a waveform graph

Square waves of 9544hz(period 55.55ms) followed by square waves of 6362hz(period of 55.55ms) followed by 9544 and 6362 and so it goes..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,065 Views)

Hi reizo,

The vi that MAshraf posted is a very good starting point for you. In the example, it shows you how to create signal using express vi. You can create a signal that is 55.55ms by changing the number of samples in the express vi.

From your Word document, it seems like you want to append one waveform after another. You can append the output of the express vi by using Append Waveforms.vi.

I believe with MAshraf's vi and the information above, you will be able to create your own waveform of alternate frequencies.

Regards

Lee

Applications Engineer | NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,039 Views)

when I tried to run after modifying, it gaveme this error ' Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The t0 does not align with the end of the previous signal.'so I unticked the option 'append only if t0 and dt matches' at the append signals function. After unticking, I'm able to run the whole program but my waveform graph only shows 1 waveform. Am I on the right track?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,000 Views)