LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdm read

I am using LabView 7.1 and have a number of VI's that read files using TDM.  I recently loaded a trial version of Labview 8.6. Loaded but have yet to activate it. The problem is that since i loaded LV 8.6 none of my LV 7.1 vis can read my TDM files.  Is this a conflict between 7.1 and 8.6.  How do I get my 7.1 VI working again?  I have unistalled 8.6 still have the same problem. Here is error message that I get. fatal error (80) :Unable to open "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\tdmtest2 Acquired  Data .tdm" to read & write! (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,285 Views)

Fanman,

Have you opened task manager to see what Applications may be running in the background and using this file?  If you can't pinpoint which one is, then try starting in safe mode - this should disallow applications from running on startup to use that file. Then see if you can do your operations on the file, and be sure to make a copy with a different name.  Restart normally, and see if the copy is also in use.

Let us know how what you find out.

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,255 Views)