LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status

I don't know what sort of example you are looking for. The code you have posted would appear to be only called when something is checked out and it is pointless to set the status to anything other than checked out, it would seem pointless to read one file and write to another, it would be pointless to check over due status.

Since you have not mentioned the error you got when trying to do the attachment or the type of attachment, can't help.

p.s. You have mentioned some sort of documentation. Despite being asked for it, that is something else you have not attached to any of your posts in this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41
(939 Views)
Let me explain with references to my local library and an actual database.

Let's start with a library with every book is available. The database has a row for each and every item. There is a column for book name and each row has an entry for that. Another column is status and the entry for each row is 'available'. I go among the shelves, select s book and go to the checkout station with its program. I login with my library card and select 'checkout'. I scan the bar code on the book. The program finds that particular book in the database. That is one unique row. For that row, it writes my library card id, the due date, and the status 'checked out' to the appropriate columns. When I come back in a couple of days, I go to the station and select 'check in' after logging in. The program finds the unique row with my user id and book that I've scanned. In that unique row, it clears the library card id, the due date, and changes the status to 'available'. Now, in the main program and not visible/accessible to the user, is a routine that runs once a day (12:01 am). For each item in the database that has a checked out status, it looks to see if the current date is greater than the due date.

That's it. There are certainly additional bells and whistles that could be added but your program needs to implement these features at the top level.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 41
(923 Views)

This is what i did lately in my project, Can u i have an email address so that i can upload my whole documentation accompanied with the VI and sub VI

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 41
(908 Views)

@Zahkay wrote:

This is what i did lately in my project, Can u i have an email address so that i can upload my whole documentation accompanied with the VI and sub VI

You're funny.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 41
(905 Views)

funny about what.!

ur email i will send u the whole VI

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41
(901 Views)
Sorry, but I don't hand out my email address.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41
(897 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41
(892 Views)

Dear sir

No problem if you dont share any email.

I successfully upload the VI.

and i am uploading some part of my flow chart

Hope i will have a better in a visualise answer how to operate my system successfully.

I will be grateful

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 41
(886 Views)

So finally, after four pages of everyone asking you to upload the stuff, you finally do it.  I'm not a fan of text-speak, but in this case, SMH really about sums it up.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 41
(877 Views)

Yes.  Thank you for uploading stuff.  It shows that you have been working on the overall project.  There is no way I can rearchitect your project for you.  I have my own work I need to do.  But I will give you a few pieces of advice.

1.  You are abusing local variables in your code.  There are places where you are reading and writing to the terminal and local variables at roughly the same time which gives you a race condition.  You have no control as to what value gets used or stored because you have no control over the order of the operations.

2.  There is a lot of intertwined code where something happening before this, and after that, which happens before something else.  And the only way it all wires up is through feedback nodes.  So it is very confusing as to whether a particular structure is working on data from the currenlt loop's iteration, or a previous loop iteration.

3.  It is good to see you have a flowchart, but it needs more detail.  It is really more of a block diagram then a flowchart.  It needs more flow.  You need some detail as to what happens in each block.  "Add User", what steps does that entail?  Likewise "Scanning"  and "Search".

4.  A lot of controls in your block diagram don't show up on your front panel.  Are they hidden?

5.  It seems like you are reading and writing to the same couple of text files alot.  You shouldn't need to read from the same file multiple times in a loop iteration.

Your architecture needs to be more of an event driven state machine.  You have an event structure, but some of those other buttons need to be a part of the event structure.  So when you press Add User, assuming you are in a state that would allow that, would go through a series of steps.

Your state machine would consist of an Idle state, Login, Wait for Scan, Logout.  Other states would be to read from and write to the file.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41
(871 Views)