LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange control ref

Solved!
Go to solution

I am reading a VI. On the front panel, there are some strange "Control reference" control. I don't know how they are created.

See the attached pictures.

Picture 1: You can see the three items "Show control" , "select ctrl type" and “Include data type" are grey.

Picture 2: I creat a similar control reference:Controls palette->refnum->control refnum,and then drag "Data log file refnum" into that control refnum。But I cannot make it "strictly typed" (star), the "Include data type" item is grey.

Also the VI is attached.

Thanks.

Wei

LV7.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,135 Views)

make the 'data log refnum' a (strict) type definition.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,089 Views)

How can I make the 'data log refnum' a (strict) type definition since the “Include data type"  option is grey out (see picture 2)? 

Can you show me how to make the "control ref" control in picture 1

Picture 1: You can see the three items "Show control" , "select ctrl type" and “Include data type" are grey.

Best,

Wei Tong

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,076 Views)
Solution
Accepted by weitong

Wei Tong,

This was a bug in LabVIEW 7.1 and has since been fixed.  I have attached a VI which shows this behavior and how to reproduce it (LabVIEW 7.1).  If you are using a newer version of LabVIEW you will not be able to get the disabled options.

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,014 Views)

Thank you so much!

I got it.

Best,

Wei

0 Kudos