cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

typedef not found or contain error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my typedefine. I am deriving my implementation from an example given by LabVIEW to implement the Teststand user interface (Simple UI). In the implementation, I was always able to add callback to response to Teststand events in the past.

Recently when I try to add a new callback to another Teststand events, I get error saying that the Typedef master copy was not found or contain error. What I find it strange are:

1. If the Typedef master copy was not found or contain error, why would the error not affecting the already implemented callbacks for other Teststand events?

2. If the Typedef master copy was not found or contain error, why is it possible to run the program?

Here I have 2 screen shots. The first screen shot shows the existing callback, where there is no error indicating Typedef master copy not found or error. The second screen shot shows the error when a new callback is added.

The Typedef master copy, call TestStand UI Data.ctl is also shown in the 1 screen shot, and it is located in the TestExec.llb, as shown in the third screen shot.

I am not quite sure how to begin debugging this problem, that's why I hope the LabVIEW experts out there can give me some pointers.

I am using LabVIEW 2014 32 bits and Teststand 2014 32 bits. Running on Windows 7 system.

Thanks.

Yours sincerely

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,915 Views)

Hello, hlim.

There are those of us (and I'm the Prime Guilty Party) who find pictures of code completely useless, usually because (a) they are hard to see (VI Block Diagrams tend to be huge, which means that in the picture, they become miniatures), (b) you can only see some of the code (limited screen space + only the top, visible, case of Case Structures), and, most important, (c) you cannot edit or execute the "picture".

For Best Results (for yourself), post actual code (meaning attach either your VI, a working LabVIEW Snippet, or a compressed .zip file of your Project Folder).  This provides us with the Best Data to look at, understand, and potentially suggest fixes to you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,890 Views)

Hello Bob_Shor,

you are right, I should post the source code. I just do not know how to begin, because there is a Teststand engine involved also. Anyway, I just zip up the user interface part. Here it is.

The affected code are in TestESystemUI.lvlib->TestESystemUI.vi. See the register event callbacks case. I created a callback call EndEdit Event Callback.vi. Noticed that the  Teststand UI Data.ctl has error (master copy not found). But the older callbacks, such as End Execution Callback does not have the error, eventhough it is also using the Teststand UI Data.ctl.

Notice that I created the callback by right clicking on the VI Ref element and select 'create callback VI'.

Any idea why the Teststand UI Data.ctl has 'master copy not found' error, but not in End Execution callback.vi?

Thanks.

Yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,856 Views)

@hlim wrote:

Hello Bob_Shor,

you are right, I should post the source code. I just do not know how to begin, because there is a Teststand engine involved also. Anyway, I just zip up the user interface part. Here it is.

I think you forgot to attach your code.  You need to click the little button under "Attachments" (mine says "Choose File"), which opens a browser to your file system, and you click on your .ZIP file.  I'm not that familiar with Test Stand -- if you think this is specifically a "Test Stand" issue, there is also a Forum here devoted to Test Stand ...

Also, though the "c" in "Schor" is silent, it is still there ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,843 Views)

Hello Bob_Schor,

yes, I forgot the code... Thanks for reminding me. Smiley Mad Here it is.

Yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,837 Views)

Well, this is certainly outside my area of knowledge!  I see you know about the NI Test Stand Forum -- you could consider asking the Moderators to move this Post to that Forum (as people get "bent out of shape" if you post the same question on more than one Forum).  I think you do that by finding the "Report to Moderator" button somewhere ...  Aha, it's on the "Options" button (upper right corner) that shows up, not while creating a Post/Reply, but when reading them ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hlim

Hello Bob_Schor,

I do not think this is a Teststand problem, rather a LabVIEW problem. But I may be wrong. I will close the posting here. Open a new post in Teststand discussion forum.

Thanks.

yours sincerely,

hlim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,824 Views)