LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vibration time Synchronous averaging

Thank you Predston

Actually what I want to do is using the TSA for diagnostic of gearbox and bearings so I will use TSA to determine parameters such as FM4, NA4, etc.. Then as you said I will use subtraction to get the non-deterministic part related to the bearing. The question now do I need to do segmentation before doing the average or I can apply directly the average with out segmentation of the signal.

Faris Elasha

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,327 Views)

You will need to do segmentation so you have an integer number of rotations for the averaging function to work correctly.  You need to start and stop at the trigger for each rotation and there should be an equal number of DAQmx samples within the rotation. 

Preston

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,324 Views)

here is a 8.0 version ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,309 Views)

Hello,guys

I am doing the same time synnchronous averaging process as my mini project.I have just started to do this project,so what my question is where do i get this tachometer which produces high pulse for one revolution of the object.Please,somebody respond quickly,its very urgent..... 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,120 Views)

Hello,guys

I am doing the same time synnchronous averaging process as my mini project.I have just started to do this project,so what my question is where do i get this tachometer which produces high pulse for one revolution of the machine(in my case gear box).Please,somebody respond quickly,its very urgent..... 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,119 Views)

Consider an encoder.  Encoders produce multiple pulses per revolution, upwards of 360, 720, etc. 

Here are some cost effective samples:

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Sensors_-z-_Encoders/Optical_Rotary_Encoders?g...

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,118 Views)

Thank you...for your suggestion.First i will try to implement it and i will let you know if there is any doubt.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,113 Views)

can you guys suggest  any other sensors which is cheaper than optical encoder?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,091 Views)

A CNY70 and a reflector?

Any other kind of LED and a photodiode/transistor with an optical shutter??

A magnet on the shaft and a hall sensor?

fast, reliable, cheap, easy to apply, amount of own knowledge/skills???

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,083 Views)

Thank you henrik....And how do i perform segmentation of vibration signals from my continous accelerometer vibration signal with respect to my triggering pulses? it will be very much helpful,if anybody post the code for segmenting of vibration signals.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,057 Views)