LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanted to attach camera with my pc controlled robot

Hi

I have made a PC controlled RF robot operated at 434 Mhz using parallel port. The circuit having only four channels in order to control two motors in both direction. But now I want to attach a camera in the robot which acts as eyes for my robot and my robot can see the enviorment and transfer exactly to the labview wirelessly and so that I can choose the best path for its movement.

So please suggest me where to began i.e type of camera required and how should it be programmed.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Gaurav Sharma

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,228 Views)

Hello Gaurav,

You can use a Smart Camera (NI-1764) and a NI WAP-3711 to transmit your image data wirelessly.

In fact with Smart Camera, you can use its on board processor to do image processing on the Smart Camera itself.

Thanks.

Karun

AE-NI India 

Message 2 of 6
(3,186 Views)

Hello Karun,

Firstly, Thanks for your replySmiley Happy.

And about your suggestion I have gone through your series that you have mentioned and found that it is too expensive and I cant spent so much moneySmiley Sad as my project is concerned it is a type of hobby project nothing else. So I want a camera that is not too much expensive and can be propery transmit data wirelessly.

Which module of LABVIEW come into picture when it comes to programming?? 

Regards

Gaurav  Sharma

Message Edited by gaurav_sharma on 04-20-2009 01:27 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,179 Views)

Hello Gaurav,

You can use the Vision Development Module of LabVIEW for your Image Processing Applications. Also have a look at the Vision Assistant which will surely help you speedily develop DIP applications.

Thanks.

Karun

PS: You can give Kudos to posts you find useful 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,174 Views)

Hello karun,

OK!! Can u give me any demo program for any simple image processing and also what about camera.

Regards

Gaurav Sharma

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,172 Views)

Please all help me out as my project is stucked in between :smileyindifferent:........... as I seen nobody replying to this question.

Help please as it is really urgent.:smileysad:

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Sharma

Message Edited by gaurav_sharma on 04-22-2009 10:43 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,139 Views)