LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to measurement file vi bug?

Solved!
Go to solution
I just checked, within LV2009 on Windows it's within the quickdrop.  What version/operating system do you have?
Dominic Walker
Cardiff University
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,940 Views)
I found it at my system under file I/O as mentioed 🙂 Win 7 LV2009 sp1 thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,937 Views)

I do have it under File I/O.  It's just that the search never showed it.  It does show in quick drop.  It just happens that when I went to look for this (actually I originally looked for Empty Path thinking that's what it was), I used the search tool rather than Quick Drop.

(Win XP, LV 2009sp1)

See attached.  The search for Not a Path gave me the dialog to the left.  When I clicked on the Not A Path constant, it took me to the palette location shown on the right.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-04-2010 11:19 AM
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,930 Views)

Raven's Fan You must have edited your palettes

file.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,914 Views)

No.  As I said, I do have that constant under the File I/O palette.  See attached.  I have not done any palette editing.

The problem is when I use the Search button at the top of the palette to try to find "Not a Path", the one under File I/O does not show up as a result, only the constant that is under 7.x >> OpenG palette..  (See the earlier attachment)

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,911 Views)

I see this bug still exists in LV 2009 SP1. Has abybody found a solution for this issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,608 Views)

Did you look at the message that was marked as the solution?  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/write-to-measurement-file-vi-bug/m-p/1020325#M454941

The bug was fixed in LabVIEW 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,602 Views)

What is the name of the box that is connected to the "f" input of the "Select" function:

Also I do not want the user to specify the filename; I want to set the filename and the path in the properties of the Write to Measurement File VI. How will it work in this case?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,598 Views)

It is the Not a Path function.

Create a path constant rather than a path control and feed that into the True input of the select function.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,589 Views)
Yep, it works as you suggested before. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,573 Views)