LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Build Machine' licensing

We have a PC at work that overnight builds the current state of any of our workspaces, so that in the morning any tests that need to be done on modifications are there to be done instantly and releases can be posted first thing if necessary. Currently this has only been implemented for anything built solely under Visual Studio.

What I'd like to know is whether there is a 'build only' license of Lab Windows that can be bought, as opposed to a 'developer' license, that can be installed on this machine for the purpose of doing this with all our LabWindows based software.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,966 Views)

umqat,

Currently the only licenses we have available for CVI are the Base or Full development versions.  There is no build-only version for Windows*.

*Technically the CVI  Run-Time Module for Linux is a license that strictly allows you to build on Linux machines and doesn't include the CVI Development Environment, but it is meant for building executables for the Linux OS flavors, not Windows, and must be used in conjuction with a CVI Development on a Windows machine.

John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,949 Views)
I'm not so fond on NI licensing, but I seem to remember the existence of a "debug only" license for CVI: could it be of some help in this environment?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,930 Views)
Okay thanks for the input guys. I'll take a look at the Base edition and see if it provides us with what we need to do the work. Looking down the list of stuff that the full version offers (of which we have two licenses) I cant work out whether we are using anything in our current products, that the base edition currently provides or not.
Message Edited by umquat on 05-28-2010 07:22 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,917 Views)