LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI2013 install : avira antivirus detect TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

Hello everybody,

When installing lwcvi2013, avira antivirus complain about TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen detected in cvi2013\bin\msvc\iw.exe.

Is that a false alert or real threat ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,202 Views)

McAfee and MS Security Essentials did not complain Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,198 Views)

F-Secure alerts Gen:Variant.Barys.323 on same file and additionally on every compiled exe-File - release and debug.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,128 Views)

Thank you very much for reporting this. I am confident that this is a false positive because I have tested that these virus detections occur on a clean and isolated system. This is most likely related to the new compiler in CVI 2013 (iw.exe is built with the CVI compiler). We are still investigating why this is occurring and I will post here when we have more information.

To our knowledge, the false positive is detected by the following antivirus programs:

• Avira AntiVir
  • BitDefender
  • Emsisoft
  • F-Secure
  • GData
  • MicroWorld-eScan

If you are using a antivirus tool not in this list, please let me know.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,091 Views)

I have contacted each of these companies to report this issue. A few of them have already gotten back to me to let me know they have implemented a fix that will be available in their next update. New updates are available every few weeks. We will continue to monitor this situation to confirm that all false positives are eliminated.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,029 Views)

Thanks for your help. CVI is working well now (F-Secure).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,017 Views)

Thanks too, Avira do not complain anymore !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,013 Views)