LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI8.1.1 New Windows Style controls

Hellow,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of CVI. When I create a new panel in the User Interface Editor, buttons, tables and lots of other controls are created using the new Windows Visual Styles. My existing panels, however, still have the old styled controls, leaving me with a user interface that has two kinds of control styles. I know that I can turn the Windows Visual Styles controls off for new panels in the Preferences window, but I really like the new look of these controls, so I'm kinda hoping that it is possible to convert my existing panels to the new style.
I already tried "Convert UI to Lab Style" in the Tools menu, but that doesn't do the trick...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,432 Views)
Hi Wim,

Double-click your panel that have the old style buttons on it to bring up th Edit Panel dialog box. Then select the Other Attributes button toward the bottom of the dialog to bring up the Other Attributes dialog box.  Next, check the Use WIndows Visual Styles for Controls option. After clicking OK for both dialogs, it should convert your existing controls so that they are using the new theme.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(3,430 Views)
Works great. Thanks a lot Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,427 Views)
I found some issue using the integrated tab control with these new controls. When I put a radio button or a check box on a tab control, the label's background color is not the same as the tab control color, leaving me with a pretty ugly interface. These are appearantly the only controls that have this problem (see my screengrab attached to this post). Of course, I can solve this problem by adjusting the label background color programatically after I load the panel, but still I think this problem is worth mentioning...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,376 Views)
Just a note to say that this is a bug, and it is fixed internally and will included in the next release of CVI (currently in beta). The obvious workaround is to just paint the label backgrounds transparent in the meantime.

Thanks!

-alex

Message 5 of 6
(3,365 Views)
Okay, thanks for the info Alex.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,349 Views)