LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 3D Graph fonts

CONTEXT

Using Labwindows/CVI 2017.

Using NI CW 3D Graph 8.0 virtual instrument.

QUESTION

Some C functions of the C3D lib normally allow the user to set the font for the axis, the contours, the cursors, etc, but I do not find out the way to do that.

Lets us take the example of the function CW3DGraphLib_CWContoursSetLabelFont (contoursHandle, NULL, myfont);

The parameter type of 'myfont' is CW3DGraphLibObj_Font which is a synonym of CAObjHandle.

The documentation is not clear at all about this type and I cannot find out any NI CW3D example in which a font is changed...

Could anybody explain how to manage fonts under CW3D ?

For example, how to set the font to "arial narrow" with a size of 8 ?

A simple C-code-piece would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,034 Views)

Hello erickringot,

There is not much example on how to use CW 3D Graph in LabWindows/CVI because this type of graph was made for VisualBasic and C++ (so for Object Oriented Programming).

That's why the help does not help you.

A workaround could be to create a DLL Wrapper in C++ that will do all the changes and take the reference to the graph and the settings as parameters.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(975 Views)

Well...

Expecting a NI engineer to give an example anyway, as NI did for other facilities of the CW3D lib (see the 3d examples available under CVI Example finder: Surfaces, Axis, Colormap, Contours). I am ready to use translations from C-types to Variant and reversely, exactly like in these examples, I just need a minimal information for that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(963 Views)