LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you set bandwidth limit using any call from TKDS30xx_32.dll IV driver under LabWindows CVI 7.1?

I just inherited a new project in my new job that uses a Tektronix 3014B digital storage oscilloscope to perform power supply measurements.

Currently the system performs voltage ripple measurements using the peak to peak voltage measurement function and AC-coupling.

I need to add Vrms measurement and I think I've found a way to do that.

I also need to bandwidth limit the measurements per the specification to a low pass 10 MHz filter.

This does not seem to be possible to do in hardware but the scope does feature a 20 MHz hardware filter that can be selected from the front panel of the instrument.

This 20 MHz filter would be better than no filter at all but I cannot seem to find any exposed function in the provided IVI driver (TKDS30xx_32.dll see: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E9085659CE034080020E748...)

I could easily code this as a SCPI command in LabVIEW but I am being limited to LabWindows and must avoid recoding the entire project to use VISA/SCPI instead of IVI because of time constraints.

Is there any access in the IVI driver to allow me to limit the bandwidth of the instrument to 20 MHz?

The only other alternative isn't pleasant either - retrieve the entire wave form and apply a digital IIR or FIR filter to limit the out of band (>10MHz) noise and perform the measurment on the PC side in software but I don't think this will be as easy in LabWindows as it would be in LabVIEW and I don't think we have access to the necessary waveform toolkit at this company to do that.

Thanks,

Doug D.

St. Petersburg, FL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,137 Views)

Please disregard... I finally found it in the help documentation.  It is settable when setting channel characteristics.

Message 2 of 2
(3,135 Views)