cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATAGRID Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an Excel file that contains more data. I want to develop an interface in whichwe display these data and the user can edit the content. data must be in a dynamic table (DataGrid) as in the picture attached. Do I have a DataGrid that of Flight Simulator Visual Studio (VB.net), or I have to use another control. what do youadvise me to achieve my goal. I want to add that in Table I of the boxes that are of type listbox ... and which are not simple text boxes.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,327 Views)

Hello,
Please I am waiting for your reply. My problem is I have an Excel table. I want to load it in the graphic window (such as the DataGrid control) so that the user can modify their content.
1 -The DataGrid  exists in Labwindows or there is another equivalent control?
2 - Do I need to populate the control by reading cell by cell, or I can read a whole range then I transfer it to the DataGrid.

3 - Exists a similar example to my application

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by fishingman

Hello fishingman,

I do not currently know of any UI control that allows for this capability.  Since you are using .NET, I checked our online articles for ".NET controls CVI", and found the following article.

LabWindows/CVI Support for Hosting .NET Controls

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1AC1B01A086BF61F49256F23004EEC26?OpenDocument

So for the time being, this feature is not supported.  I would suggest making a product suggestion with the LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange, here.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,265 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

I will use this solution but it's good to add this control in the next version of CVI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,257 Views)

Other than cosmetically, how is the control that you are asking for different from a CVI table control?

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,239 Views)

Hi,

I used the DataGrid Control with Visual Studio. Really is a powerful control which facilitates the task of presenting the data, as well as links to databases and Excel files. So it dynamically without the restrictions and obligations required when working with tables. You can see a short description of the tool:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fxfa9793.aspx

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,226 Views)

You had asked whether the "DataGrid exists in Labwindows or there is another equivalent control". To me, the table control is an equivalent control to the DataGrid. Is there any specific features that you need from an equivalent control that is missing from the table? Also, what are the specific "restrictions and obligations when working with tables" that would be a hindrance to your application?

The reason I'm asking this is to know whether there are any high-priority feature requests that we should consider for a future version of CVI.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,213 Views)