LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel library not registered

Upgraded to Windows 7, CVI 2013 13.01 (201).  Getting  'Library not registered'  error when calling ExcelRpt_ApplicationNew.  Was running ok under XP.  Any remedy? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(10,210 Views)

Which version of Excel have you installed in the new system? If you happen to have any Excel Starter edition you won't be able to interface with it since it lacks the ActiveX interface. In order to use that machine you will need to upgrade to a full Excel licence.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(10,203 Views)

It is Excel 2010. I have the full office suite.  I can insert ActiveX controls from the developer tab in the xlsx file I am trying to open - so I assume ActiveX is available.  Tried saving to Excel 97 and then running but same error.  Excel file setting?  Or something on the CVI side?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(10,200 Views)

I don't know what to say, I never was in this situation.

I saw on google that some pepole had problems interfacing to Excel (not from CV) in case different versions were installed on the same machine but I suppose this is not your case since you are on a fresh box.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(10,136 Views)

Are you trying to run a 32-bit CVI application with 64-bit Excel, or vice versa?

Have you tried running the Office repair utility (sorry, can't remember how you get to it)?

--
Martin
Certified CVI Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(10,110 Views)

All - Thanks for the input.  Have learned that there was a registry conflict involving Lync 2013.  IT did something with the Office registry keys and  problem resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(10,066 Views)

Hello,

Do you have more infomration about the issue. I'm facing to this problem with a little difference on my computer excel report works fine but when I deployed the application on several computers some of them are not working.

The return values of excel functions are -2147024890 Library not registered on computers where I see the problem. All of them are working on Windows 7 + office 2010.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(9,772 Views)

I go a little bit deeper in my investigation.

I give more information in case. I create a distribution package with all the component possible (I have no more idea...) .

I compared the regedit of a working computer and a non woring computer and I found several key not existing in the computer with the issue (ExcelRpt, Excel 2000).

How the installer missed it ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(9,754 Views)

jrenoir, 

what version of Excel do you have installed on the non-working computers? have you tried repairing your MS Excel installation ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(9,709 Views)

This from our IT department:

It seems that when Lync 2013 was installed it caused the Excel 2010 Interop dll to become un-registered. I believe this is because the Excel 2013 Interop dll was included with the Lync 2013 installation.

The Excel 2010 Interop is used by the "AutoModeler" COM programs to allow automate Excel and thereby read from and write to Excel files which are in turn linked in to 3d Inventor parts and assemblies to make them parametric.

Here is a link to post on an Office developer website from a user with a similar issue. Note that solution was to Edit the registry by deleting the Excel 2013 Primary Interop Assembly.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/dd052f27-20d6-4b6b-9d8b-fe4fd9c6b9fc/broke-exce...

The fix: 

1. Open the regedit editor.
  2. Open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >> TypeLib >> {00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} (The Excel PIA key is {00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046})
  3. Delete the latest version folder (The Excel 2013 is 1.8)
Message 10 of 14
(9,706 Views)