cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi..

How can i apply header and footer to excel sheet using program??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,284 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sks1990

You can't, there's no such concept as a worksheet header or footer in Excel.

You can name a worksheet, and you can put text into cells at the top of the worksheet and further down on some higher numbered row using the Excel automation available form CVI.

But there's no header and footer as there is with Word, at least to my knowledge.

Excel automation help is available in CVI, along with sample code, just search for Excel in the CVI help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,267 Views)

Can i convert the excel report into a pdf file...?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,263 Views)

Yes, I believe so, at least you can with Excel 2007.  If you can't invoke the "Save As" functionality via the CVI Excel automation interface directly, you can write an Excel macro to do it and then invoke the macro from CVI.  I may have some sort of PDF plug-in in my copy of Excel 2007, not sure if Excel 2007 has this capability out of the box.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,258 Views)

Um... yes there is Headers/Footers in Excel... but only visable in the printer mode, is this what the original question is looking for? wanting to change the header / footer info on a printout?

ChipB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,201 Views)

Could be that it is.  I hadn't realized that Excel allowed a header / footer on a printout, I just knew that there was no such thing incorporated into the worksheet itelf.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,189 Views)