LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete/remove a workspace and all it's files?

Solved!
Go to solution
As a new CVI user I have created a number of workspaces(?) in the same folder. How do I determine which files are associated with which workspace? Is there a way remove all files associated with a workspace including the workspace itself?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,053 Views)
Solution
Accepted by querty999

There is not a way in CVI to delete workspaces and all their associated files. You can see which files are associated with a workspace by opening the workspace in either CVI or a text-editor and looking at the files inside that text file.

To help you out I have created some base uncommented code in LabVIEW that will go through all the files in your cws workspace file and will prompt then delete all the files in the workspace.

There are two things to note about this quick program. 1) It does not delete the actual workspace file (this isn't a very hard addition to add) and 2) workspace dependies with long paths are broken up into multiple lines in the cws file. This DOES NOT combine those lines and will likely result in an error. Concatinating these lines (if you should need it) is a task left up to you but should be fairly trivial.

This program was made in LabVIEW but there is no reason a python script or even a few well crafted grep commands could not achieve the same functionality.

Regards,

Steven Zittrower

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,030 Views)

StevieZ wrote:

This program was made in LabVIEW but there is no reason a python script or even a few well crafted grep commands could not achieve the same functionality.

Or even a CVI progam Smiley Wink

JR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,026 Views)