LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer takes a long time to navigate

I'm building my distribution kit with CVI 8.1. Under Files in the "Local Files & Directories" window in the top left, it takes a long time to navigate to the desired location. I'm wondering if there is a quicker way to navigate through this window. There is no option to paste the full path and it when I created a shortcut to the path I want, it did not navigate there. Is there anything else I can try?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,026 Views)

Steve,

If you right-click on the Folders window you should come up with a dialog box. One of the options in that box is Find (ctrl+F). You can type in the name of your directory here and assuming it is unique it should take you directly to that path. This may work faster than manually navigating to the directory.

Regards,

Steven Zittrower

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,007 Views)

Actually, you won't be able to effectively use find until you've already browsed to that path. That's because the browser populates directories on demand (i.e. upon expansion), and running a find does not cause any population to occur. Shortcuts, which are just .lnk files, are not treated specially by the browser, so you can 't use them for navigation.

What you can do is map your directory to a drive letter using the subst command, and then that drive will appear at the top level with all the other drives.

Mert A.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,949 Views)