LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument I/O Assistant

Hello,

The pressure gauges work fine. As I said, when I use Hyperterminal in XP on computer no 2 the presure gauge acquires data correctly. Also when I run BARA3_FINAL.vi build on this same computer the pressure gauge works fine as I stated in my previous mails. Also the pressure gauges has a digital meter on the multiplexer which reads correctly. The problem occurs when BARA_FINAL build reads the pressure from the multiplexer and truncates the E numbers. Therefore there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pressure gauges.

Nevica 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,112 Views)

Hello,

looking at you i/o assistant it seems like you have set the character count to 12. And in the value field it shows "@020 .02E-3 " which is 12 characters long (including the null). if the value being sent back is 500E-3 the the i/o assistant will read "@020 500.00E-3 " which is 15 characters long but it is only set to receive 12 soit would read "@020 500.00E" effectively negating the exponential.

In the i/o assistant try clicking the "To end of data" button under character count. See the screen shot below.

$297F752F3B400F7.png

I hope this helps.

Regards

Rico P
Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 14
(1,051 Views)

Hi Rico,

Thanks for your reply.

If I click to end of data I presume that it will be set to read 'to end of data' on all data counts. I need this to be so because the data is read every second and the data length is constantly changing. So when I click 'to end of data' does Labview remember this?

Nevica

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,048 Views)

Hi Nevica,

It will change each time depending on the number of charaters. How ever many characters there are is what should be read though.

Test this and let me know the results.

Regards

Rico P
Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,041 Views)