cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABWINDOWS CVI 2013 Error : Bad image in IValidateImage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

moving form CVI 2012 to CVI 2013 I Get a sequence of the below errors in the Application log.

The errors seems to be generated everytime I move the graphical interface of my application over the screen. After a sequence of these errors the application hang. 

Note that:

- I have already installed the latest patch available for CVI 2013 

- the error was not present when compiling with CVI 2012 

- the error is present also when distributing the application o windows XP

Thank you 

Ezio Riva

ERROR in widows application log 

The description for Event ID 0 from source CVI cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[15:24:52.119] [FATAL] [IValidateImage] [..\mgsource\image.c:9085] Assertion failed: FALSE (Bad image in IValidateImage)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,190 Views)

the problem seems to be related to the use of the old syle controlols ("classic controls")  If I replace these controls with "Lab syle controls"  using the tool "Convert UI to lab style" the problems disappears. 

can NI confirm  that form CVI 2013 old "classic" control are no more supported ? 

Regards 

Ezio 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,149 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,084 Views)

Hello Ezio,

Can you provide a simple UIR file which exhibits this behavior?  

Thank you,

Daniel

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,031 Views)

Hi Daniel 

Thanks for the answer 

I attach the uir file that creates the problems 

Regards 

Ezio 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,022 Views)

Hi Ezio, 

Thank you for posting the UIR file.  I can confirm that I also see the logfile error, and I am looking into its cause.  

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,969 Views)

Hi Enzio,

The problem appears to be occurring because of some metadata in your GroupList classic listbox control.  The good news is that there are some easy fixes for this.  All you will need to do is delete the existing GroupList listbox, add a new classic-style listbox, and give it the same properties. Because classic controls are still supported, you can continue to make use of them if you prefer.  Alternatively, you may save your existing UIR file as a TUI, import the TUI and save it back to UIR format.  The process of saving a UIR file in Text Format cleans some of the metadata associated with UIR upgrades.  You can do this to an open UIR file by selecting Options»Save in Text Format and you can then perform the converse action by selecting Options»Load from Text Format.  

I have attached a modified UIR file for which I replaced the listbox control with a new classic-style listbox control, and you are welcome to use it.  

Do you have any historical information about the development of this UIR file?  I would like to know how many times it was upgraded and in which version it was first developed.  This will help us reproduce the problem so we can fix it for future releases.  I will be filing a bug report for this issue when I have gathered enough data, and once I have, I will post the ID here so you can track this issue.

Thank you for your feedback!

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ezioriva

Hi Enzio,

Are you okay with the workarounds provided by Daniel?

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,908 Views)

Hi Daniel 

thanks for working on it. The UIR file that you send me works. The fact that you have identified the problem in the listbox is very useful since will avoid me to modify all the other uir files that I have developed with previous versions of CVI. 

I tried to track back the development of that panel. I am an old user of CVI and  very often I develop new panels starting from panels that are alredy presenent in some piece of software. I think that the  first time when I placed the listobx in this panel was in CVI 6, and I never had problems in porting SW in the following versions. Hope that this will help. 

Thank you again

Best Regards 

Ezio 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,890 Views)