cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx Library to monitor NI-9266

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am currently developping an application on Labwindows CVI 2019 with NI-DAQmx device driver 19 (I see this version in NI-MAX tree) to control NI-9266 current sourcing modules. I see documentation in the web about Power Supply Fault Detection of this module : Power Supply Fault Detection - NI

A priori, it is possible to have some information by reading PowerSupplyFaultChansExist and PowerSupplyFaultChans. But when I browse DAQmxGetReadAttribute function panel, I don't find those attributes (cf attachement)

Is DAQmxGetReadAttribute function allows to know the Power Supply Fault Detection status? Can anyone knows how to get the status of this bit?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,169 Views)

Despite the fact that the documentation speaks about a Read attribute, by searching in nidaqmx.h for "PowerSupply" I have found those attributes listed in the set of write attributes. In effect, if you display the parameters for DAQmxGetWriteAttribute () command you can find those you are looking for:

Screenshot 2024-01-09 22.25.32.png

Having said this, I never used such a module so it's up to you to check whether they are what you are looking for or not.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,138 Views)

Thank you Roberto for your response.

As I have not yet my NI-9266 modules and cDAQ-9185 châssis, I define them on NI-MAX in simulation mode (cf file attached). But each time I close my application, I need to re-import the NI-MAX configuration, although I had save it in NI-MAX. Is there any possibility to import the NI-MAX configuration once and for all?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Best regards,

James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,108 Views)

Now that's strange: simulated devices are treated the same as real devices in MAX and in application software and should be persisted even after machine reboots. What do you mean when you say that you need to import MAX configuration again when reopening the project?

(1,077 Views)

Hello Roberto,

Before launching my Labwindows-CVI application, modules are displayed in NI-MAX tree. But when I quit the application, modules disapear (see pictures attached). The only way to re-display them is to import the NI-MAX configuration .nce file. Do you know what could explain this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

James

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,069 Views)
Solution
Accepted by james_007

I don't know what may be happening. I can see in my MAX a few virtual devices listed that I created years ago while developing some app of mine, which haven't disappeared during program development.

Since it seems that module are present during program life and disappear when it closes, can you tell us what are you doing on such modules at program end? May there be some instructions in your code that destroy them?

(1,061 Views)
Solution
Accepted by james_007

I analyze my application souce code and I saw that DAQmxAddNetworkDevice function was in comment, but DAQmxDeleteNetworkDevice was not. By putting in command this last function call, NI-MAX problem does not appear anymore.

Thanks for your support,

James

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,054 Views)