LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Memory Error - Unable to Open UIR in CVI

I have a 38 MB UIR that I cannot open (I didn't create it, a colleague did) in CVI 8.0.1. I would like to edit it to reduce the size of the images within, but that requires the UIR to open first. I keep getting an error "Cannot open user interface resource file ... (Out of memory)". I've tried defragging my hard drive and increasing the virtual memory and rebooting. I have also tried to use the code converter to write the UIR to a *.c file, but I get the same error. I have a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 machine with Win XP and 1 GB of RAM. I cannot submit the file because it has proprietary information in it. Before I try to re-create the file from scratch, is there any other solution possible?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,806 Views)

Hi John,

Do you know what version your colleague created the UIR file in? CVI 8.1 came out recently. If he/she wrote the UIR in 8.1, it is liable to not open in an earlier version of CVI. It looks like you have been reading the discussion forums, and have already performed many great ideas for debugging.

Also, can you reproduce this issue at all? Perhaps you could send me a non-proprietary UIR that exhibits this behavior. Do you have access to the colleague's computer?

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
Message 2 of 4
(3,783 Views)

I have the same problem with a 10MB UIR file (that contains many bmp images). My PC has 1GB ram and the UIR is not corrupted (I tryed successfully to open it on another machine with 2GB ram). 

John, you still have the same problem? Any new solutions to that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,448 Views)

Hi LucaTesi,

From ogre's profile it looks like he last visited the forum in 2007.

So beware that it is possible he will not be responding to your message.

I do not have much idea on your problem. Just a wild guess:

In the machine you could open the UIR, can you try to convert it to a text-UIR and move that file to your machine.

Maybe yours can open the text version, so you can edit it and save as a lower size file.

Hope this helps, 

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,443 Views)