LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RegisterTCPServerEx and ServerTCPRead

I have setup a server using RegisterTCPServerEx on IP Address 192.169.0.250 Port 50100.  I connect a client at 192.169.0.1 to it, I get data back and forth like it should be.

I have a second network at IP Address 213.19.59.1 that I am communicating with a cRIO at 213.19.59.2 using Network variables.  This also works the way I want it to.

However, when I combine the two programs into one, the TCPServer callback sees the event TCP_DATAREADY whenever a network subscriber variable is changed. 

I thought that the TCPServer would only be listening to data from it's IPAddress and Port.  Getting the network variable data messes up the parsing the of the client data.  Is there a way to isolated the two networks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,246 Views)

Hi

Take a look at this document:

Building Networked Applications with the NI LabWindows™/CVI™ TCP Support Library

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/3067/en/#toc6

It looks like sections 6, 7 and 8 could be useful for you application. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,200 Views)

Christopher,

Thanks, I used this document when I created my server.  I use the RegisterTCPServerEx mentioned in Section 7.  When I do a route command from the command line, I don't see any conflict between the 192 and 213 routes.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,169 Views)