LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvi for linux and gtk+

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any way that I can manipulate UI window settings like titlebar visible (ATTR_TITLEBAR_VISIBLE) via GTK+ or other toolkit in Linux?  Basically, I am trying to manipulate the visual attributes of the UI that are not compatible in Linux such as the titlebar visibility, minimize and maximize buttons hidden, etc...

In windows, I have used the windows SDK to create/manipulate system tray icon menus.  Perhaps there is a similar approach in Linux?

Thanks for reading,

-pete

Message Edited by pshrew on 06-02-2010 12:12 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,269 Views)

Hi Pete,

You are correct that the behavior you are mentioning is not supported by CVI in Linux. I am not as familiar with Linux, so I am not sure what APIs exist which would give you access to system level properties (like the SDK does for Windows). I'll try to see if I can find any leads for you, and perhaps someone else can share their insight as well?

Have a great afternoon!

John M

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pshrew

Hi Pete,

After a little more research, I have found that it is possible to modify these attributes, because CVI for Linux uses the X Window System. To do this, you would be able to get a reference to the X Window System attribute by using the function int GetPanelAttribute (int panelHandle, int panelAttribute, void *attributeValue) with ATTR_SYSTEM_WINDOW_HANDLE for the panelAttribute. From here, you could use X Window System functions to modify properties.

Best,

John M

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,192 Views)
Thanks John.  I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,136 Views)