Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging LabVIEW Application

I am trying to debug a LabVIEW application. I checked the "Enable debugging" checkbox in build properties (but not the "Wait for debugger to launch" box), made a new build and started it. After the application started, I went back to LabVIEW, selected "Debug application or shared library" and selected localhost. Now, my problem is this: "No debuggable applications or runtime libraries found".

Does remote debugging work on Linux? If yes, should I open any particular ports in the firewall?

My system: LabVIEW 2009 SP1 on openSUSE 11.1.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,846 Views)

The "good" news (if you can call it that) is that I was also not able to get it to work, so it's not just you. The bad news is...I also couldn't get it to work. I tested 2009 and 2010. I filed a bug report (CAR# 294646) for the issue, but in the meantime I'm afraid you might just have to debug in the development environment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,570 Views)

Another developer tried it, and he found that it worked for him. It turns out it didn't work for me because I had a custom .conf (/.ini) file, and the debugging feature needs to add some settings. I was basically overriding those. Do you have your own custom settings file for your application as well? If so then try adding these two settings:

DebugServerEnabled=True

DebugServerWaitOnLaunch=False

Message 3 of 4
(3,570 Views)

Problem solved! I do have a custom .conf file. Thanks a lot Adam!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,570 Views)