Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How big array can I create in Labview?

Hello all,

When I try to create a big array of byte with 2 000 000 elemets, I got LabView "Labview is out of memory". I would like two ask what is the memory limation for arrays in Labview? Is it the differenet between 32-bit and 64-bit version?

Thanks for info.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,880 Views)

Hello,

The limitation for the memory allocation in LabVIEW 32 bits Windows is about 400MB (1GB for Linux 32 bits).

In LabVIEW 64bit, there is no limit (the limitation is determined by your RAM and by the Int32 limit, as arrays are indexed with a Int32).

Mathilde

Message 2 of 3
(3,122 Views)

32 bit OS does nt allow a process to address more than 2GB of memory and in practice you have to expect serious trouble if the whole application goes beyond 1GB, since the OS can usually not satisfy unfragmented memory block requests after that.

For 64 bit there is a limit as Mathilde pointed out in her post. The 32 bit index of an array does not allow more than about 2 billion array elements. As far as memory size is concerned you can expect to run into serious trouble once your application consumes most of the physical memory available.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 3
(3,122 Views)