Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Linux 2013 crashing after DAQmx base 15.0.0 install

So it does appear to be in the driver layer. I will follow-up with the driver folks, but it will probably not be until next week.

Please let me know if that is an unacceptable timetable.

Also, since openSUSE 13.1 released at the very end of the LabVIEW 2013 SP1 release cycle, there could be issues. Can you try running the same tests with the same software on openSUSE 12.3 and see if you get different results? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,423 Views)

Hello AMac,

What bitness of OpenSUSE 13.1 are you using? NI-DAQmx Base 15.0 only supports 32-bit although there is a workaround to get some functionality if you're using a 64-bit OS.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AECF6CCDC454786B86257E7E00473E17?OpenDocument

Jonathan L.
Technical Support Senior Group Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,423 Views)

Thanks Randy.  I'll try rolling back to opensuse 12.3 and I'll let you know how it works.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,423 Views)

I'm using the 32 bit version.  I dug up an old laptop that I had (circa 2007ish) to install linux and LV on.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,423 Views)

Randy_H wrote:

So it does appear to be in the driver layer. I will follow-up with the driver folks, but it will probably not be until next week.

Please let me know if that is an unacceptable timetable.

Also, since openSUSE 13.1 released at the very end of the LabVIEW 2013 SP1 release cycle, there could be issues. Can you try running the same tests with the same software on openSUSE 12.3 and see if you get different results? Thanks.

I downloaded the iso in the link, burned it to DVD, booted off of it, but I get the following error:

Cool Software but...

This is a 32-bit computer.  You cannot use 64-bit software on it.

LOL!

So I'm assuming that the iso is for 64-bit PC's?  I'll try finding the 32-bit version of 12.3 and if successful, I'll install it and post my results.

-Andy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,423 Views)

Sorry about that.

I hope you found this. (openSUSE 12.3 32-bit)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,423 Views)

I did.  I finally finished the install of this version of opensuse.  I installed LV without issue.  I attempted to installed DAQmx base v15.0.0, but it failed.  Attached is the konsole output.  It still seems to be an issue related to the kernels or lack there of.  Using yast, I installed kernel source and kernel sys, but daqmx still isn't happy for some reason?

When I type the command "uname -r" in the terminal window, it returns:

3.7.10-1.45-desktop

When I look in the following directory "Root>usr>src"

I see the following folders:

linux-3.7.10-1-45

linux-3.7.10-1.45-obj

linux-obj

packages

I think the issue is related to the -desktop in the running kernel.  Could this be causing all of the issues that I'm having?  Also I'm running the KDE desktop in opensuse, not Gnome.  Does this matter at all?

-Andy

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,423 Views)

Silly question, but have you installed the kernel-devel package on your openSuSE installation? You need to provide the NI scripts with the kernel headers/config/symbol information to use to version/compile kernel modules to load into your running kernel. Also, anytime that the scripts when updating the NI kernel modules fails, you're going to have issues with anything that's using the modules is going to have issues.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,423 Views)

I think I got it working now.  I followed these steps and LV is no longer crashing when I drop a VISA function on the diagram:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/369916CDA5B0336C86257BFE0069BB8A

Thanks for the help with my issue.  I knew it was probably something simple that I was/wasn't doing correctly.

-Andy

Message 19 of 20
(2,423 Views)

I have two PC's set-up.  One with OpenSUSE 12.3 and the other with 13.2.  The one with 12.3 is working correctly, but 13.2 is not and is still crashing.  Hopefully the fix that's in the works will help with this on 13.2.

-Andy

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,423 Views)