Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Parser Path Warning

Hello all!

I have a problem with pop-up warnings any time I use XML parser VI's. Two warning dialogs are attached. Here's an additional message:

"The shared library expected to be at "DOMUserDefRef.so" was loaded from "/usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2009/resource/DOMUserDefRef.so".

How can I fix this situation? This dialog pops up multiple times, it does not offer to save new path references and it gets pretty annoying...

Thanks,

Sergey

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,737 Views)

Sergey,

What XML parsing VIs do you have on your diagram? This might help narrow down which VI is causing this issue.

Here's a try for a fix:

As root, run "chmod -R +w /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2009/vi.lib/xml/ctl"

Then, as root again, launch LabVIEW and mass compile (from the Tools>>Advanced>>Mass Compile...) the folder /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2009/vi.lib/xml

Exit being root and try loading your VI again as you.

It seems that there may be some read only controls for the XML VIs that have since been fixed to not be read only anymore (LabVIEW 2010).

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Randy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,153 Views)

Randy,

I tried your suggestion; mass compile completed without any warnings or errors, but the problem is still here. I think it is caused not by having VI's from vi.lib on the diagram but by having  "document" and/or "element" invoke nodes on a DOM document on your diagram.

This behavior can also be demonstrated on the example VI "Write Test Data File.vi". When I try to recompile it (Ctrl-RunArrow), this message pops up.

Thanks,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,153 Views)

Sergey,

I remember something about this topic, but I could not find the exact bug report. I did verify in 2010 SP1, this issue does not exist. I did validate that the issue is present in 2009 SP1, just as you had stated.

If you can upgrade, that will resolve your issue.

Randy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,153 Views)