Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open url bug

Solved!
Go to solution

for me this is a bug, the VI from vi.lib '/usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2020-64/vi.lib/Platform/browser.llb/Open URL in Default Browser (string).vi'

Wait untill completion being true, this VI will complete it's operation only after the browser is closed

to fix the bug, simply change the constant to true false.

TiTou_0-1692025948078.png

I'm using LabVIEW 2020 SP1 for Linux, maybe it's been fixed in more recent version, can anyone check please?

fun fact : the sub-VI is password protected on Windows but not on Linux

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,416 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiTou

This bug is fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q1, but the fix is not what you described.

The xdg-open program is supposed to launch an app to handle the given argument (in this case, a browser) asynchronously, and then return immediately.   LabVIEW should properly wait on the process to finish to avoid zombie subprocesses hanging around.

The issue is that xdg-open isn't disassociating and running in the background because it's sharing the stdio file descriptors with the parent LabVIEW process.  Adding explicit redirects (">/dev/null 2>&1") to the command will allow xdg-open to return immediately without waiting on the browser to complete.

To fix the bug in earlier releases, instead of changing the Boolean to False, change the string passed to System Exec as follows:

Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 4.24.38 PM.png

Message 2 of 3
(1,371 Views)

Thank you for your reply, I'll do that.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,364 Views)