cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1405 acquisition problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a NI-PCI 1405 acquisition board, with a watec 902B camera (RS170 standard).

When I am acquiring, I have horizontal noise stripes on the picture. These stripes are travelling from the bottom to the top of the picture during the acquisition. This happens whether I am using MAX or my own vis. In MAX, I am using the rs170 driver.I found the RS170(1409 and RS170(1410), but no drivers like RS170(1405). Could this be related ? Also, the cameras I am using are not in the list of official ni supported cameras, but since they work with the RS170 standard, I think that there should be no problem. You can find the specification about my cameras here.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by yoasis

Hi Yoasis,

Are you using shielded 75 ohms BNC cables? Do you see the same pattern on all cameras? Does the noise move within the same picture, or it's a constant line? Also, since you mentioned "cameras", do you have multiple 1405 boards as well? If so, do you see the same noise in all of them? 

Thanks and have a great day.

Esmail Hamdan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,077 Views)

Hi esmaham,

Your 75Ohms remark made me check my wiring circuit, and I found a bnc T-adapter with a non connected output. If I plug a 75Ohms terminator or just remove the T adapter, it works fine, without any noise or stripes.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,060 Views)