Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 VDC trigger for CVS1454

Can anyone tell me how to do the following on the 44 pin DSUB connector of NI CVS 1454:

a- Get a 24 VDC trigger signal from a proximity sensor on one of the Isolated inputs of a CVS 1454?

b- And then how to give a precise 10 ms 5 Volt DC pulse output to a Prisilica camera to trigger it?

c- Finally, if there is a rejection, how to give a 100 ms 24 VDC rejection output pulse on one of the isolated outputs?

I need to know how and where to setup the Vision Builder for AI for doing all the above tasks. I am running an EC640 Prosilica Firewire camera. I need to trigger it through CVS upon receiving a 24 VDC signal from a proximity sensor. 

Your support shall be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,687 Views)
Hi Faisal,

For simplicity, I recommend converting the 24V signal to 5V, which will allow you to directly trigger you camera.  Waiting for the camera to trigger in Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) is very simple and will take little programming time.  If you need the FPGA to convert the 24V proximity sensor signal to 5V, this will be possible, but much more difficult to do.  Because this functionality is not directly build into VBAI, you will need to build a custom LabVIEW step, which can then be imported into VBAI.

If a part fails you can use VBAI's built in functionality to assert an isolated output; however, the built in functionality does not allow you to control the pulse width.  In order to output a 100 ms 24 VDC pulse, a custom LabVIEW step will be required.

Regards,

Ryan M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,680 Views)